Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Baking the Sequel

Yay! Three weeks later we got around to making more goodies! Short bread and Nanaimo Bars this time, but not all in the same day, in fact we didn't even do the Nanaimo Bars in the same day. Stupid layers make me loose momentum. First your waiting for the layer to cool then next thing you know your watching a Full House Marathon  all night. Or something like that anyway.
Again recipes courtesy of Mike's mummy.
We didn't have any sprinkles so we crushed up some candy canes to put on the top. We also decorated others with crasins. I prefer the tartness of the crasins. I feel like a grownup for choosing them over the ones with smashed up candy. I must be really mature.
Mike and I like our Nanaimo bars with a thinner layer of custard rather than a thicker one. For me it gets in the way of the chocolate. I don't despise the custard layer, I recognise it as a necessary evil. Here's how they turned out
Poor Nanaimo Bar didn't have the hope of lasting til Christmas. Taste test was perfectly executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment